Friday, July 26, 2013

journey to Pag-Ibig,Philhealth and SSS as Individual Payor/Voluntary Part II

https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/Section_View



I just checked my SSS online account to check if my recent payment was added- it was!

I didn't realize that it was easy to switch from covered employee to voluntary member.The long lines and the sad looks from the people waiting in line outside of the old SSS office in Lucena,discouraged me to enter and inquire inside.When the office was transferred to Grand Terminal, I finally tried to brave the long lines and I was surprised that I didn't have to wait too long!"Manong guard" told me to go to the information personnel,who in turn gave me a piece of paper to fill out- SSS number and name. She comes back with information about my number of contributions and last contribution -which I don't really need LOL.We got a chance to ask questions,and I got answers to these inquiries:

1. What's my employer ID # so I can create an online account? -she promptly supplied that so I can now check my premiums online.

2.How can I switch from covered employee to voluntary member? -she told me to just get an RS-5 form (you can also download this from https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/index2.jsp?secid=1&cat=8&pg=null) and pay the premium that I'd select, she said I can choose any amount from the list she gave me: P1560,P1404,P1248,P572,P468,P364.

You can make payments at the SSS office or participating banks and after that your status will automatically be updated!I paid my premium on the first week of June, and that payment was reflected on my account this July.So it takes a while for it to show up on your account but no worries.