Sunday, January 12, 2020

Cayabu, Tanay, Rizal:Mt. Maynoba Day-Hike

This world's not my home
Just a-passing through
Through this life I wander
Treasure stored up yonder
Somewhere beyond the blue
On my way I learn
Through each path I take
Every day I'm growing
On my way I'm knowing
Heaven's worth the wait
-Anchor for the Soul 
by J. Brian Craig

My first day-hike of the year, I'm not really planning on a couple even because age is definitely catching up on me-my right knee hurt after, so I shouldn't forget wearing my knee support next time. There were 11 of us from different departments and I'm just walking behind them with the sweeper following us.

The weather was fair and the trail is dry in most parts. There's no rain even if a few days before that, there were showers so we were kind of hoping for it not to rain and it didn't!

Even with the dry trail, some parts are still slippery because of the small rocks and dry leaves and some of us slipped but imagine if it had rained! The steep cliff is waiting down there-perhaps one will manage to survive it with a few broken bones but then it can be worse-I guess that's the risk but this is supposed to be an easy climb like the ones I have always joined - just fun climbs :) Mt. Nalayag is still the most dangerous for me to date LOL.







crowded spot, let's go to another... 

0230 ETD Open iT Lucena
0530 ETA Cayabu, Rizal
0545 breakfast (small eatery offering adobo, longanisa, hotdogs, chopsuey, rice etc) 
0615 registration and orientation, prayer
0630 trekking approx 2 hrs to summit with some 75 degree hike trails
0745 ETA viewing deck (no sea of clouds at his time) 
0830 ETA Mt. Maynoba Summit 662 ASL
1100 ETA falls #7 (can't remember, that's the last one)
12NN Back to jump off about 15 minutes walk down a few stream crossings
1300 Wash up then lunch at another carinderia (I had betamax, pork chops and half rice)
1430 ETD Cayabu, off to Tanay for Balaw Balaw Restaurant
1630 ETA Balaw Balaw Restaurant, Art Gallery and Museum
1800 ETD from resto, off to Lucena
2200 ETA Office







that's a bunch of crunchy crickets for you! 

good for 6-8 pax of seafood and pink Balaw Balaw rice