Thursday, September 26, 2013

Learning English

My goal in writing posts under this Label (Learning English),since I cannot make a separate Page for it, is to gather helpful online resources that:

A Evaluate
1.)evaluate the level of English of the students who want to continue practicing English
2.)diagnostics for those who are just beginning to learn English as their second language.
3.)tools to evaluate learning after taking a certain course.

Evaluation is very important.It can help in determining the level of understanding and the materials or methodologies that need to be employed to aid learning.I believe that it will also help to motivate the learner.

B Guide
1.Provide links,resources of helpful tips based on evaluation results

My Favorite sites for level tests are the following:

1.Exam English   Free Practice Tests for learners of English

You have two level tests options: the Grammar & vocabulary level test and Listening level test. After getting your result,you can check to see what grammar you should know at each level.It's very useful because you'll know what to focus on in your English lessons.

2. ABAEnglish.com - Your  online English course for real life

This is a great website for learning English in your own pace through video classes,short movies,exercises and pronunciation practice using their LRC (Listen ,record and compare) speech recognition technology. Registration is free but to get full access of their tools you have to upgrade to Premium subscription. I had tried the free lessons and it was great! I didn't hear my voice though, during the playback of my recording,but I didn't bother to look into it anymore.