Monday, October 1, 2012

Chocolate cake


I suddenly had a flood of memories of Landayan, San Pedro Laguna. We moved there when I was around 6 or 7 and stayed there until my 3rd grade.One of my fond memories was coming home from school and being excited to get a slice of our favorite chocolate cake with several layers.Me and my cousin Cris often had a slice of chiffon cake for our school snacks.My mom used to bake them,she would bake upside-down cake with pineapples,banana cake,loaf bread,other sweet breads,cup cakes and even single size pizza which she also sold to neighbors.

I think I got the baking skill from her although I rarely bake nowadays except for the communion bread I make each Sunday for the church.She has several baking tools and my papa would also buy her the same things so she would have 2 of each LOL.I asked her for some of her old tools and that's what I use now in my own kitchen.