Thursday, September 15, 2011

I miss the books I left in Caloocan



I collected this books while in school back in the days.I used to fish them out on books sales and some of them came free with every encyclopedia I collected.I liked the smell of books,old and new and the rainy days made the smell all the more emanate from it.I used to read all curled up in the top bunk of our double bed whisked away to far flung places, chases and adventures of a lifetime.When I as in school the bulk of the books I read was on academics and quiz bee materials.when I entered the workforce,I fancied adventure and some of the classics.When I became a christian I had a mix of both fiction,self help and spiritual books.Now, in our new hometown of Lucena,I have a new bookcase with new books gifted and purchased.Some of them remain unread but not for long.